Nothing beats good documentation
As we have more and more users directly using our platform and the AI manager to create and manages edge AI solutions, it has become increasingly important to provide up-to-date, easy-to-read, and complete documentation. There is so much you can do using the Scailable platform, and immense engineering effort that is saved by using the AI manager on edge devices, that it sometimes takes a good read to fully grasp the benefits. By updating our docs, we now provide that good read.
The Scailable platform documentation
We are happy to share our updated docs which can be found at https://docs.scailable.net/.
Besides providing a clear overview of the Scailable platform and AI manager (see image above), our docs now cover the following:
- A gentle introduction. Is this the first time you are creating an Edge AI application? We will get you up and running in under 15 minutes!
- Preliminaries. We find that many data scientist struggle when creating their first edge AI application. Camera’s, networking, edge hardware; all provide their own challenges. We provide details and valuable suggestions for specific use cases.
- The AI Manager. We explain the AI manager as installed on supported edge devices from simple setup to advanced configuration. The options seem limitless.
- The Scailable platform. We detail our use of the platform to create and manage edge AI solutions at scale.
- Tools for data scientist. An essential part of any edge AI solution is the AI model itself. Although we provide a large library of models that are useful for specific solutions, we also provide data scientist with all the tools they need to deploy their own models effortlessly to edge devices.
We are very happy to share these updated docs with all of you. Feel free to give Scailable a try by creating your first edge AI solution using the Scailable AI manager.
If you would rather like us to show you how, book a demo. Or, if, despite our awesome documentation, you still have questions or suggestions for improvement, please reach out to our team using our live chat.
The Costs of a False Alarm
Reducing false alarms pays off. The mobile surveillance market is quickly growing and rightfully so. Being able to simply place a self-contained camera mast at a site to monitor intruders is an obvious way to improve security at reasonable costs. Furthermore, we see the mobile surveillance applications quickly expanding. Over the last year we have […]
Apples and Oranges II: The forgotten metric.
In an earlier post we described the performance of the Scailable AI manager in terms of computational speed. While this is an interesting metric, in many ways a solution only has to be “sufficiently fast”; once this is the case other metrics become much more important. Power consumption might be one (and is one we […]
Apples and Oranges: Profiling Edge AI solutions
In this post we examine in some detail a question that we get repeatedly: “How does deployment of Edge AI models using the Scailable AI manager, on Scailable selected hardware, compare to other deployment methods in terms of performance?”. Although the question seems easy, the answer needs a bit more explanation which we try to provide […]